Barbara is the Director of Capacity in People Consulting (T/A Barbara Bishop & Associates) and specialises in building people capacity through facilitation, training, coaching and mentoring.
Barbara has worked with young people, managers, supervisors and team members across a range of industries throughout Australia. Her expertise and experience are in the areas of self-management, people dynamics and people management.
Barbara has been passionate about rural and regional industries since growing up on a farm in North West New South Wales. She is equally passionate about creating processes and programs that inspire and empower people to respond proactively to their own needs and the needs within families, workplaces and communities.
Barbara is recognized nationally for her work on improving individual, team and organisation performance through her unique processes of facilitation and development approaches in businesses throughout Australia.
Barbara originally trained as a teacher in Agricultural Science and completed a Bachelor of Education majoring in Curriculum design. Barbara is MBTI accredited, Fellow of Australian Institute of Management, Member of the Australian Human Resource Institute, Member of Australian Institute of Training and Development. She has a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110).
Currently Barbara is working with people and businesses throughout Regional Australia – NSW, Qld, NT, WA.
Current projects include:
- Profit through People -Leadership Program
- Graeme Acton Beef Connections Mentoring Program – mentoring program for young people in the beef industry (Beef Australia);
- DairySage Mentoring Program – Dairy Australia in Qld & NSW
- LeadUp – Leadership program for young people in the Dairy Industry;
- Building your Business for the Future – Succession Planning
- Building High Performing Teams;
- Chances, Choices and Change- building individual capacity;
- Agriculture Science Pathways for Rockhampton Grammar School;
- MLA Northern Australia BeefUp Forum Event Coordinator;
- Profit through People – leadership program for people working in Agriculture;
- Busy to Productive – managing my valuable resource -time
- GamePlan – Where am I going and what do I need to get there?
- Employer of Choice – CEAK program for the Grains industry;
- Facilitating family, team, business and industry planning forums.
Would you like more information, get in touch below:
What people say about Barb’s training:
What worked well at the Beef Connections Workshop June 2017
Barb’s positive attitude; Excellent matching of participants and mentors; Excellent structure; Content was very relevant to personal development; Cocktail dinner, how it was run; Getting everyone involved/interacting; Establishing mentor/partner relationships; Workshop presentation and preparation.Graeme Acton
Thank you for your shared expertise, enthusiasm & energy, all which shone through in the presentation of the Profit through People Course in Rockhampton this week. We did thoroughly enjoy it and have come away with some very helpful tools we hope to effectively implement in our businessAnnie Donoghue
Our senior employees have gained invaluable leadership and communication skills, along with useful tools and resources, through a supportive and practical learning environment at this course. Barbara Bishop has a genuine understanding of the pastoral industry, so the courses are relevant to people on the land.Jane McCauley